Friday 18 September 2009

Wherein I discuss a rather heavy topic.

This is a rather haphazard post, please forgive me.

So, I was talking to a friend, recently, who is fairly new to the scene, and mentioned that I have participated in fantasy rape scenes before.

She was appalled, at first, that I would do such a thing, until I explained that it’s not the sort of thing you do with a casual play-partner, but rather something that requires a massive amount of trust, and a good bit of negotiation before hand.

Furthermore, she didn’t believe me when I told her that some people who have actually been raped enjoy fantasy rape. This, I explained, was because the psycho-drama that such a scene allows can be therapeutic, and furthermore, the bottom has the power to end the scene at any time, if the scene dredges up too many negative emotions, by using their safeword.

So, anyway, I enjoy a fantasy rape scene, not because I enjoy brutalizing women, but because the trust that a bottom must have in me, to do such a scene, fascinates me.

I understand that fantasy rape constitutes edgeplay for many people, because of the negative emotions that it can bring to the surface, but I feel that if it is done carefully, with a mind to the possible effects of the scene, the scene can be cathartic for all participants. And for those who need no catharsis, it can be an amazingly powerful scene where the participants show their trust for each other.

What say you?

No comments:

Post a Comment